Tuesday, May 12, 2015

No apologies for the dust...

I've been a bit busy in the last few months teaching on a course.  Unfortunately that course has minimized the amount of time I have available to do work on my myriad of hobbies.  It has lead me to customize and build a few things for work.  Here is a copper pipe body armour stand I built for work.  Like any good soldier, gear should be hung up properly.  This is the elegant work solution.


My buddy and I came up with the design a couple of weeks ago over some beer.  These stands usually take the form of a cross.  The funeral imagery not necessarily what you want in your office, this is a modified design of a roman stand crossed with some industrial design elements of a shelf I once saw.  


This is the fully kitted out version. Once I weld the frame and stain the base I'll post more pictures.

Here is a picture of the one my buddy completed a few days ago.

 
That's all for now.  Whatever you are building, whether hobby or work related, enjoy the time. Happy hobbying.

Cheers

Helbuck

No comments:

Post a Comment